Monday 25 November 2013

How to activate MTN, VodaCom, Cell C and 8ta Prepaid Blackberry Internet Service (BIS)

Iyoh, so after I struggled to get the code on how to activate my Blackberry internet service for MTN, I decided to help everyone out on this subject and post this on my blog. Ok they have it on the MTN website (somewhere) but after Googling for days I eventually found it. I don’t know if you guys realised this but MTN has got like 5 different websites or something. And when you Google MTN Blackberry Internet service prepaid you get other websites that has got no solution for this. Or you get forums where other people ask for the same thing. Nightmare da da da!!!!!…….
Anyways, so I have all the answers and I’m going to post it here, all on one page! Whadup!!!!! I’m sure a couple of you want to high five me right now.
Ok SO! Here it goes. I hope you’re ready.
Before activating your BIS, make sure you have more that R62 on your phone. This amount will be subtracted from your airtime and you will have BIS for a month. Every month it will take R62. You’ll also receive an sms a couple of days before the renewal date each month to remind you to have airtime on your phone.
If you want to activate your Blackberry internet service for MTN Prepaid, you need to Dial:
*141*2# and press the call button.
This will activate it for you!
I also happen to know how to activate it for VodaCom because I had to figure this one out as well for someone.
Vodacom
On VodaCom prepaid you need to SMS “BlackBerry” to 100 which will also take R62 from your airtime each month and activate the service for you. This is the same as MTN and also needs to be renewed monthly.
VodaCom alternative. Thanks to @Burger
You can also activate Vodacom BIS by dialing *111# and selecting bundle purchases. Then buy the BIS service for R59.
Cell C BlackBerry BIS activation
@elaine: Thank you for the contribution:
To activate BlackBerry internet service, follow these instructions:
Just dial *147# and select option 7. Then switch your phone on and off and you’re done! Just make sure you have more than R57 on your SIM.
How to activate BIS on 8ta
8ta-bis-activate
8ta-bis-activate-2
Contract MTN
If you’re on contract you need to call 1555 from your cellphone to get it activated for you. Sometimes you need to fill in a form as well. I’m not sure how this works for VodaCom customers on contract.
I hope this helped some people.
Good luck fellow citizens!

0 comments:

Post a Comment